He aha te kaupapa ō Pakihi? | What is Pakihi?
- Fee-free short course
- Online delivery – learn from anywhere with an internet connection and a device
- Kaupapa Māori learning environment
- 1-to-1 mentoring with an industry expert
- Dedicated course to help realise your business goals by putting theory into practice
Session topics include:
|Session 1 | Whakawhanaungatanga
|Meet the team behind the scenes and learn about how the course will work. This is a great chance for you to ask all your curly questions and to network with the other Māori entrepreneurs who will be joining you on this course.|
|Session 2 | Te Tīmatanga
Getting Into Business
|Before committing to a business idea, it is crucial to understand whether the business will work and make a profit. This session will cover the tools to validate a new business idea and how the new opportunity or business could operate in reality.|
|Session 3 | Hokonga
|The ability to generate sales determines whether your business will survive or thrive. By knowing the problems potential customers have, a new business idea or venture can be developed as a best solution for the problem. This session provides the knowledge to help target marketing efforts for better sales results and work on the strategy to make the first sales or increase early sales.|
|Session 4 | Pūtea 1
Show Me The Money – Part 1
|This session is designed to demystify “the numbers”, and give you a better understanding of key financial metrics. We provide some user-friendly tools to help you work out your pricing, determine your break-even, or set your hourly charge-out rate. We also look at funding options available for your business.|
|Session 5 | Whakatairanga
|Covid-19 has changed the landscape of business. Having the ability to trade online has become essential for business success and continuity.|
|Session 6 | Pūtea 2
Show Me The Money – Part 2
|No matter the type of business you run, you will need to understand your tax obligations! Although unavoidable, it is manageable, so we have designed this workshop to get you on the right path, whether you are starting out or already in business.|
Ko wai ngā tāngata mō tēnei kaupapa? | Who is this for?
This short-course is for:
- individuals who have a business idea and want to turn it into a business AND
- for recently started businesses, operating from one to 18 months.
He aha ngā whai pūkenga? | What do you get out of Pakihi?
Pakihi will provide participants with:
- new skills, knowledge and tools to help start a business over 5 online sessions
- a growth plan that is developed during the course
- mentoring with an industry expert
- connections with other business support organisations as well as networking with other Māori businesses.
Rēhita mai | How to register
To claim a spot for this short course, complete our two step registration process. Spaces are limited and Eligibility criteria apply.
Step 1. Register your Expression of Interest (EOI)
- The information put forward in your EOI will help inform the Pakihi team if you agree to the terms and conditions and are a suitable fit for the short course. If the eligibility criteria is met, the Pakihi team will send an activation questionnaire to your email within 3 working days.
Step 2. Complete the activation questionnaire (this should take less than 10 minutes)
- Once completed, you will be onboarded on to the short course via email with all of the confirmed course details including the online course platform and video session links.