Ira is an Associate Partner – Business Advisory for Findex and has over 20 years’ experience providing accounting and business advisory services to a diverse range sectors including retail, construction, property and portfolio investments, financial services, Iwi and Indigenous businesses. Ira is of Ngati Porou and Te Atiawa descent and is therefore particularly passionate about Maori businesses.
Ira has expertise with Trusts, Estates and Not-for-Profit organisations. She enjoys working closely with key stakeholders within organisations, to ensure that they make informed decisions for the short and long-term.
Clients and experience
Ira provides accounting and tax compliance and advisory services to individuals, small to medium enterprises and Trusts. At Findex, Ira has also collaborated in Maori business mentoring and advisory initiatives delivered in conjunction with Te Puni Kokiri, Callaghan Innovation, MBIE and Te Wananga o Aotearoa. The contract with MBIE and Te Wananga o Aotearoa entailed the delivery of finance workshops to business owners.
Over the years, Ira has used a variety of accounting packages including: MYOB, Xero, XPA and many others as well as IFRS accounting. Her experience is such that she can advise organisations on which software will best suit their specific business needs.
Ira is a current Trustee of the Anglican Insurance Board and Maori Education Trust.
- Registered with the Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand since 7 May 1999.
- Bachelor of Commerce (B Com) from the University of Auckland
- National Certificate in Business Studies (NCB) from Auckland University of Technology (previously Auckland Technical Institute)
- Works with charitable and Not-for-profit organisations
- Trust and Estate specialist